COMputational PSychometrics Group
The COMputational PSychometrics (COMPS) group is hosted by the Institute of Computer Science of the Czech Academy of Sciences. We are part of Department of Statistical Modelling. We collaborate with the Center for Educational Measurement and Psychometrics. We develop ShinyItemAnalysis and other psychometric software.
- Seminar in Psychometrics: Monday March 11, 2023 4:00PM CET at ICS CAS and on Zoom: Carolin Strobl (University Zurich)
- COMPS group is the local organizer for IMPS 2024
- Adéla Hladká received the 2022 Hlávka award for talented Ph.D. students
- František Bartoš received the 2022 ISCB ČR student award, see related paper
- Jana Dlouhá and Lubomír Štěpánek received travel award for IMPS 2022
- New article published in Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, see preprint
- New article published in Research Synthesis Methods
- Spotlight talk delivered at IMPS 2022
- Other new articles, preprints and conference presentations
- Czech Science Foundation project Theoretical Foundations of Computational Psychometrics funded for period 2021—2023
- Project EduTest funded for period 2021—2023 by the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic.
Our current research
focuses on computational aspects of the following areas of psychometrics:
- Reliability, variance component models
- Latent variable models
- Differential item functioning
- Computerized adaptive testing
- Text mining and NLP for prediction of item difficulty
offers implementations of our research. We develop the following R packages:
Our research involves simulation studies demonstrating efficacy of proposed algorithms in comparison with existing methods.