COMputational PSychometrics Group
The COMputational PSychometrics (COMPS) group is hosted by the Institute of Computer Science of the Czech Academy of Sciences. We are part of Department of Statistical Modelling. We collaborate with the Center for Educational Measurement and Psychometrics. We develop ShinyItemAnalysis and other psychometric software.
- Postdoc positions available, see Openings.
- COMPS group is the local organizer for IMPS 2024. See you in Prague in July!
- New book Computational Aspects of Psychometric Methods. With R published at CRC Press
- New articles published in Multivariate Behavioral Research, Mathematics, Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, and other journals.
- Michaela Vařejková received travel award for EAM 2023
- Adéla Hladká received the 2023 Czech Academy Award for junior researchers, and 2022 Hlávka award for talented Ph.D. students
- František Bartoš received the 2022 ISCB ČR student award, see related paper
- Jana Dlouhá and Lubomír Štěpánek received travel award for IMPS 2022
- COMPS group collaborates on a new OP JAK project Research of Excellence on Digital Technologies and Wellbeing (DigiWELL) co-financed by the European Union for period 2024—2028
Our current research
focuses on computational aspects of the following areas of psychometrics:
- Reliability, variance component models
- Latent variable models
- Differential item functioning
- Computerized adaptive testing
- Text mining and NLP for prediction of item difficulty