News and recent publications
- We (co)organize AiML 2024 and RAMiCS 2024
- The LogICS group welcomes Wesley Fussner, a new posdoc within Marta Bílková's CELIA project.
- Marta Bílková was an invited speaker at TABLEAUX 2023 (joint with FroCoS).
- Igor Sedlár is was invited speaker at DaLí 2023.
Selected recent publications:
- T. Moraschini, J.J. Wannenburg, K. Yamamoto: Elementary Equivalence in Positive Logic via Prime Products. To appear in the Journal of Symbolic Logic, 2023.
- I. Sedlár: On the Complexity of Kleene Algebra with Domain. RAMiCS 2023.
- M. Bílková, I. Sedlár: Epistemic Logics of Structured Intensional Groups. TARK 2023.
- K. Yamamoto: The small index property of the Fraïssé limit of finite Heyting algebras. Journal of Algebra 628:382-391, 2023.
- G. Badia, P. Cintula, P. Hájek, A. Tedder: How Much Propositional Logic Suffices for Rosser's Undecidability Theorem? The Review of Symbolic Logic 15(2):487–504, 2022.
- P. Cintula, B. Grimau, C. Noguera, N. Smith: These degrees go to eleven: fuzzy logics and gradable predicates. Synthese 200:445, 2022.
- J. Gispert, Z. Haniková, T. Moraschini and M. Stronkowski: Structural Completeness in Many-Valued Logics with Rational Constants. Notre Dame Journal of Formal Logic, 2022.
- Z. Haniková: Vopěnka’s Alternative Set Theory in the Mathematical Canon of the 20th Century. Filosofický časopis, 2022.
- J. P. Aguilera, M. Diéguez, D. Fernández-Duque and B. McLean: A Gödel Calculus for Linear Temporal Logic. KR 2022.
- A. Baltag, N. Bezhanishvili and D. Fernández-Duque: The Topology of Surprise. KR 2022.
- M. Bílková, D. Kozhemiachenko and S. Frittella: Paraconsistent Gödel modal logic. IJCAR 2022.
- M. Bílková and A. Tedder: Relevant Propositional Dynamic Logic. Synthese 200, 235, 2022.
- N. Ferenz and A. Tedder: Neighbourhood Semantics for Modal Relevant Logics. J. Philosophical Logic, 2022.
- I. Sedlár and P. Vigiani: Relevant Reasoners in a Classical World. AiML 2022.
- K. Yamamoto: The automorphism group of the Fraïssé limit of finite Heyting algebras. J. Symbolic Logic (to appear), 2022.
- P. Cintula and C. Noguera: Logic and Implication: An Introduction to the General Algebraic Study of Non-classical Logics. Springer, 2021. [Errata]
- I. Sedlár: Decidability and Complexity of Some Finitely-valued Dynamic Logics. KR 2021.
- Marta Bílková
- David Cerna
- Petr Cintula
- Nick Ferenz
- Wesley Fussner
- Zuzana Haniková
- Raheleh Jalali
- Ondrej Majer
- Igor Sedlár
- Filip Jankovec
- Chun-Yu Lin
- Pietro Vigiani
Past members: Paolo Baldi (→ University of Milan), Stefano Bonzio (→ Polytechnic University of the Marche in Ancona), Libor Běhounek (→ University of Ostrava), Thomas Macaulay Ferguson (→ Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute), David Fernández-Duque (→ University of Barcelona), Karel Chvalovský (→ Czech Technical University), Petr Hájek (✞), Dagmar Harmancová, Rostislav Horčík (→ Czech Technical University), Tommaso Moraschini (→ University of Barcelona), Milan Petrík (→ Czech University of Life Sciences), Adam Přenosil (→ University of Barcelona), Luca Reggio (→ University of Oxford), Andrew Tedder (→ Ruhr University Bochum), Amanda Vidal (→ IIIA-CSIC Barcelona), Jamie Wannenburg (→ University of Pretoria), Kentarô Yamamoto (→ Polish Academy of Sciences, Institute of Mathematics).
Research topics: non-classical logic, modal logic, substructural logics, dynamic logic, abstract algebraic logic, universal algebra, epistemic logic, relevant logic, algebras for program verification, and much more...
- CELIA - Coalition and Epistemic Logic: An Intensional Approach to Groups,(PI: Olivier Roy & Marta Bílková, coPI: Ondrej Majer), joint LA project of Czech Science Foundation (GACR) and DFG (2022-2025)
- GRADLACT: Graded Logics of Action (p.i. Igor Sedlár), 2022-2024, Czech Science Foundation
- MetaSuMo: Metamathematics of Substructural Modal Logics (p.i. Petr Cintula), 2022-2024, Czech Science Foundation
- We're a partner in the MOSAIC project (EU MSCA-RISE, 2020-2024)
- NOCLID: Nonclassical Logical Models of Information Dynamics (p.i. Igor Sedlár), 2018-2021, Czech Science Foundation (Junior Project)
- 13 Dec Anantha Padmanabha (Indian Institute of Technology): Decidable Fragments of First Order Modal Logic
Study and Work Opportunities
The ICS and the Czech Academy of Sciences regularly open calls for postdoctoral researchers, and tenure-track positions are opened on a yearly basis at the ICS. Let us know if you are interested in applying.
- Tenure track position -- Artificial Intelligence, first cut-off 20th October, call closes on 20th November
- Tenure track position -- General focus, deadline 20th November
The ICS welcomes applications within international schemes such as the MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships. Applications are particularly encouraged since the government of the Czech Republic supports no-money MSCA-PF projects. Let us know if you're interested in applying.
Teaching and thesis supervision
Members of the group offer supervision of Master and PhD theses focusing on their research topics. We can serve as supervisors and co-supervisors for students based at universities in and outside the Czech Republic. Get in touch if you're interested in writing your thesis with us.
Current PhD students:
- Filip Jankovec (supervised by Petr Cintula)
- Chun-Yu Lin (supervised by Marta Bílková)
- Pietro Vigiani (co-supervised by Igor Sedlár at the Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa)
Past PhD students:
- Adam Přenosil (supervised by Marta Bílková at the Charles University in Prague, thesis Reasoning With Inconsistent Information defended in 2018)
- Karel Chvalovský (supervised by Marta Bílková at the Charles University in Prague, thesis Undecidability of Some Substructural Logics defended 2015)
Recently taught courses: