· M. Holena. Fuzzy hypotheses for GUHA implications. Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 98:101-125, 1998.
· P. Hajek and M. Holena. Formal logics of discovery and hypothesis formation by machine. Theoretical Computer Science, 292: 345-357, 2003.
· M. Holena. Fuzzy hypotheses testing in the framework of fuzzy logic. Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 145: 229-252, 2004.
· M. Holena. Piecewise-Linear Neural Networks and Their Relationship to Rule Extraction from Data. Neural Computation, 18: 2813-2853, 2006.
· M. Holena, T. Cukic, U. Rodemerck and D. Linke. Optimization of Catalysts Using Specific, Description-Based Genetic Algorithms. Journal of Chemical Information and Modelling, 48: 274–282, 2008.
· M. Holena. Measures of Ruleset Quality for General Rules Extraction Methods. International Journal of Approximate Reasoning. 50: 867-879, 2009.
· M. Baerns and M. Holena. Combinatorial development of solid catalytic materials. World Scientific - Imperial College Press, London, 2009.
· M. Holena, N. Steinfeldt, M. Baerns and D. Stefka. Computing the correlation between catalyst composition and its performance in the catalysed process. Computers and Chemical Engineering, 43: 55–67, 2012.
· M. Holena, L. Bajer and M. Scavnicky. Using Copulas in Data Mining Based on the Observational Calculus. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 27: 2851–2864, 2015.
· M. Holena, P. Pulc and M. Kopp. Classification Methods for Internet Applications. Springer, Cham, 2020.